Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fall.....October Birthdays!

School has begun and September has come and gone and I am glad it is behind us. We had so many things going on..... I finally re-financed my house, I bought Brenden a bedroom suit and got the extra bedroom painted, the company I work for moved 32 miles round trip from my house and Brenden is now a member of the Bay Area Youth Symphony which means practice every Sunday for an hour &15 minutes.  I feel like I spend more time in the car between work and running Brenden to private lessons for viola on Tuesday evening, private guitar lessons on Wednesday evenings and viola practice again on Sundays.  But, when I look at the BIG picture it's really not that big of a deal.   I am glad that Brenden has an outside interest that will keep him busy.

Brenden's first 2 reports card of his 7th grade year!  I am a proud Momma!


Brenden's new "teenager" room.




Brittany put these decals on Brenden's walls and they look great!  They add so much to the room.


Brenden built this futon couch all by himself....I told him that he was going to make some lady happy one day because women like men that can build things......


Brenden's first girlfriend Mackenzie.....she came and spent the day with Brenden a couple of weeks ago.  She's a little shy, but I know she will come around....
So, this is how a conversation went recently between Brenden and I about Mackenzie.

Me ~ So Brenden I hear that Mackenzie likes for you to call her sweetheart?

Brenden ~ Yes, but I don't like to!

Me ~ Why don't you like to call her that?

Brenden ~ UGH.....I don't know, but please don't tell her.  How did you know that she likes for me to call her that?

Me ~ I promise I won't tell her.  Moms know EVERYTHING!!  Ha, ha....it's funny how kids think now and how they will be thinking it not so many years... Love it!

We started the month of October with Brittany's "25th" birthday.......I can not believe that Brittany is 25 years old.  Can I really be that much older?   Brittany, Mom & Lisa came over to our house and Lisa made chicken tortilla soup and we had strawberries/blueberries with whipped cream for Brittany's birthday dinner/desert.... John was working out of town.  :(  . 
Of course dinner was delicious and we all enjoyed our dinner & wine night...minus Casey :(.  On Saturday we got together at Mom's and the rest of the family joined us for Brittany/Lisa's birthday.

Jace is already 5 months old!  It seems like Brittany just found out she was pregnant.  He is such a happy baby and is discovering his hands/feet and that he has a voice.  He spent the night with me a couple of weeks ago and here he is fast asleep in my bed.

Love those kissy lips!

So happy, always smiling and laughing!



We are in the middle of October and it is time for birthday number three.....Brenden is turning "13"!  I can't believe that he is already 13, seems like it wasn't that long ago and he was Jace's age.  Man, where has the time gone?  I wish he would stay young forever.  I love having kids around.  

We celebrated Brenden's birthday at Skateworld and Mackenzie, Dylan, Alex and Ethan came. He got a driver from Grandmother, a Hollister shirt & pair of boxers from Brittany, John & Jace, money from Dylan and Ethan and I got him a hard case for his acoustic guitar and a guitar stand. Oh, and his Dad got him a 40 inch flat screen TV.....that kid has a bigger TV than I do!
 I love birthdays at Skateworld....no muss, no fuss! 











We celebrated Brenden's actual birthday @ the Flying Dunchman (Brenden's words)  ie Flying Dutchman.







Now we are nearing the end of October and it is my birthday.....I don't feel this old!  I guess it is true what they say, it's only a number.  Mom, Lisa, Casey, Brittany, Laura and I celebrated my birthday at Painting with a Twist.  They supply the canvas, materials and instruction on how to paint the picture and you bring your own wine and snacks.  We all had sooo much fun!  Can't wait to go back......







Halloween is already here!  I miss the days of when Brittany & Brenden were little and we would take them trick or treating.  Can't wait until Jace is older and we can do that.  We continued the tradition and gathered @ Moms for dinner and passing out candy. 



Jace picked out his 1st pumpkin.




Brothers.......



Our little devil!







No comments:

Post a Comment