Friday, April 1, 2011

Family

So, Brittany & John are expecting their baby boy Jace in May and my family has been encouraging me to start blogging.  I have to say that at first I did not think that much about it as I am so personal and don't like putting thoughts/feelings done on paper.  But, as time gets closer and Brittany's belly is growing I decided it was time to start this blog.  I am so excited about meeting Jace and can't wait for him to be here for me to spoil just like I have spoiled both of my kids.  The good part about Jace is that I can give him back to his parents.  We can't wait to have this baby boy in our family as we are a big family with a lot of women and it will be nice to have one more boy.
We found out they were expecting a boy by this cake.  What a great surprise!


And....it's a BOY!



                                                              Some blue booties from G.
                                                                  
May 28th - April 1st ~
 I was at work this week and I see that Brenden's school phone # was calling.....My first thought ~ Oh, great Brenden is in trouble in school and one of his teachers is calling to talk or Brenden was calling with a problem.  Either way those phone calls are not good as we have had a couple of them this school year.  So, I answer the phone and to my surprise it was Brenden's orchestra teacher inviting us to Jones Hall to the Celebration for Educators symphony concert.  Mr. Barker said "Brenden is on fire for orchestra and we are only giving these tickets to a select few students and would like to give you 2 tickets if you would like to take Brenden."  Of course I said yes as I knew Brenden would want to go.  Now, you have to understand that I don't usually venture far from home in the evenings and to go to Houston.  OMG!  What was I thinking?  But, again I knew that Brenden wanted to go so I had to suck it up and just do it.....So, I borrowed Lisa's GPS and had the address all set in before we left the house.  I get home for work and while getting ready Brenden kept asking is it time to go.  I knew that he was ready.....He put his dress pants on and a nice shirt and then gave me a map that his teacher had given him.  I told him that we didn't need the map as I had the GPS.  Brenden brought the map anyway.  LOL  I gave him the tickets and he put them in his pocket and took care of that.  My little boy is growing up and it makes me so sad!  I want him to stay young forever...
Now we are off to Houston.  Even though I had the GPS Brenden got his map out and helped me navigate (we only took 1 wrong turn) but, that was ok as the GPS got us back on track and in no time we were at our destination Jones Hall.  We quickly found a parking garage not far from Jones Hall, got parked and only had to walk not even a block.   We arrived at Jones Hall and the doors were not open yet so, we sat outside and I enjoyed the evening breeze and people watched and Brenden played games on my cell phone while waiting for the doors to open.  I think he must have asked me about 10 times what time it was and when were they going to open the doors.....his ADD was kicking in and I was hoping that the doors would open soon.  Finally, the doors opened and we were able to go in and sit down.  Since the concert was free the seating was first come, first serve.  Brenden wanted to sit on the very first row but, I talked him into sitting in the next section up on the very first row and there was no one sitting directly in front of us so, we had great seats.  The concert began and was very good.  They had a 17 year old violin student play with the Houston Symphony for 4 of the 5 songs then it was intermission and Brenden was hungry and started getting a little antsy so, I asked him if he was ready to go home and he first said yes then no then remembered he had homework, asked what time it was and decided it was time to go home.  Brenden is so funny!  Most kids would not think about the homework and would be glad to stay out late but, Brenden is not like that.  Once it gets close to 9:00 pm he is ready to go home and settle into bed. So, we left the concert during intermission which was fine with me.  We had a great evening and Brenden even taught me some things about the music & musicians.  I am so glad that he wanted to go and that we were able to share this evening together.

Brittany has stayed with Brenden & I for a couple of days this week because John is out of town.  So, this is how the conversation went this morning while Brenden is getting ready for school.
Brenden ~ Is Brittany going to be here when I get home from school?
Me ~ No why?
Brenden ~ Because there is a new kid at our bus stop and I want him to come home with me after school so we can play on my play station.
Me ~ So, why are you asking about Brittany being here?
Brenden ~ Because you know that Brittany is weird and I didn't want to invite my friend over if she was here.
Me ~ Brenden!
Brenden ~ Well, you know it's true!
Out of the mouths of babes...gotta love kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment